We have industry mentors from:
Air New Zealand, Xero, HP, BNZ, Vodafone, Vero and many more.
What Mentoring Means
As a mentor, your role will be to build a trusting, fun partnership with your JHack team and to help them to set and achieve their goals of learning basic programming skills.
You don’t need to be a techie to mentor the teams. You do need to work in the IT Industry and want to encourage kids and help them get an insight into the world of technology.
Connect with your team and provide support, guidance, encouragement and promote self esteem and independent thinking.
- Allow for a couple of hours a week
- Engage with students & teachers in the lead up to the event
- Be supportive – encourage progress however big or small through your team
- Help your team members work in a group environment
- Encourage learning new skills whilst enjoying the challenges and having fun
And remember, you’re never alone.